AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Air brakes not releasing on one side - possible ice?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hf213
Posted 12/13/2018 16:47 (#7169198 - in reply to #7166745)
Subject: RE: Air brakes not releasing on one side - possible ice?

I need to explain my thoughts better... :-)

On the left hand / right hand...
Yes I agree on the valves feeding the axles, but the lines from the valves can still be switched from left to right as long as they go to the correct ports on the chambers, or at least my Ravens is that way, and the MAC and Reitnouer flatbeds I help work on.
I was just curious if the problem followed....or isolate a partially plugged supply line, say like a small piece of debris floating....I have had this on hydraulic lines.

On the shoes...I also agree with you....but ...local elevator, had a trailer my truck repair buddy had in his shop one time, where someone previously had installed the wrong shoes. This situation had the wrong arc and length of pads, it was not much, but once we peeled the other side off and compared, we then knew for sure....This is what I was trying to imply to look for.
That time the trailer acted similar, but once the pads had worn down enough, then it seemed to come out of it, but still pulled to one side when applied.

There are LH and RH S cams....

OP says its a 2016, so I would think it has had some repair work done on it....dont know for sure, but on the springs, it could have gotten the wrong kits too, especially if the shoes / or pads would be incorrect....just trying to think outside the box.....

Still curious what he will find.

Edited by hf213 12/14/2018 09:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)