AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Air brakes not releasing on one side - possible ice?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 12/11/2018 18:29 (#7164740 - in reply to #7164726)
Subject: RE: Air brakes not releasing on one side - possible ice?

hf213 - 12/11/2018 16:23 +1, Thud beat me too this, but I also was thinking that you need to find the common denominator of all 3 axles giving the problem. On the air plumbing....is it possible to switch the left and right main supply air, and see if the problem follows ? Does air release when pedal or the valves are actuated ? which they probably do, since you said it worked for an hour.... Can you see clearance between the drum and shoes ? IF it was just one axle I would really suspect clevis pins, or s cam shaft seizing, but if it was not assembled correctly, then.... ? or are the S Cams...cammed over center ? Another thought...maybe it has the wrong parts installed on the LH side on all 3 axles....could be the S cam shafts, or even the wrong shoes or spring set..... I'm throwing more darts :-)

That's right what I was thinking as I was reading down the replies. Someone put parts in wrong for the left side somewhere along the line.

Brakes are over rated anyway. All they do is slow you down and grind everything to a stop..........

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)