AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good large frame 2 track tractor for tile plow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 12/10/2018 07:30 (#7161253)
Subject: Good large frame 2 track tractor for tile plow

Nw Iowa
We have not got tiling done that we would like as springs have went too late and it seems like we have a month of tillage after finishing combining. Have help to run as soon as done combining which for us is around nov1. Anyway thinking of going to a dedicated tile plow tractor for a couple of years till we can get caught up. I guess I prefer 2 track system as that is what we have used both Deere and Cat and wondered what would be a good unit. We need traction more than last bit of power so maybe stay away from the highest hp units because of increased maintainance. Anybody having good luck with 9470rt or 9510rt track or smaller 800 Cats? Read thread below on the 13 liter Deere’s and know that they have head gasket problems but dont know if it is as much of a problem on smaller hp same engine. Would like to stay under 150000 or less and stay under 3000 hrs as I would sell again when we get caught up in hopefully 2-3 yrs. probably would put less than 1000 hrs on in the three years so still would have a under 4000 hr tractor to sell. Right now almost a 1000 acres that need to system tiled and this yr 0 installed. Have been able to keep digging in some mains which has opened up more farms for systems.
We have electronics for both the Cat and Deere so don’t really want to change but open to ideas. Have heard from a friend that used all three that tilling can be hard on the quad trac track lugs. Have the rest of winter to look for something. We have used both a wheel tractor and 2 track and greatly prefer the tracks. Just looking for opinions.

Edited by jdironman 12/10/2018 07:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)