AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good large frame 2 track tractor for tile plow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 12/10/2018 20:29 (#7162851 - in reply to #7161253)
Subject: RE: Good large frame 2 track tractor for tile plow

Nw Iowa
Thanks for reply’s. We have been tiling for over 25 years so we have learned some things but as always can learn more. I have talked about a reg self propelled tile plow but we have very good luck with a liebrict ( can’t even spell it right ) pull type plow and are on our second one. Track tractor would also provide backup to our field tractors in a emergency and we would have to buy a tri axle detach trailer for large sp plow. We have used both a wheel and tracked tractor same model on the same year, same field as we traded right in middle of a tiling job ( jd9520) and tracked one worked much better for us in our soils. Most of our 10 thru 18 mains have to be done with a excavator because of depth. I know 2 track tractors are harder to turn but less moving parts. I would be happy if I could find a 865 or 855 that had good history and lower hrs. 150000 sounds like a lot of money but if you are going rather than fixing and resale is there I think I am ahead of trying to cut corners and be cheap. Interest is a lot cheaper than repairs. Ziegler has provided wonderful service but you could go broke real fast trying to keep up a wore out machine.I guess part of my post was which models to watch out for and what problems there are out there for instance on the older cats? I know there is some track issue with a torque arm or something on older cats ? and Deere’s have all kinds of issues with head gaskets, fan drives and?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)