AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"Chinese junk"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

maxflex540
Posted 12/2/2018 11:10 (#7142884)
Subject: "Chinese junk"

NW Iowa
Alot of people complain about the low quality of chinese-made products. Now that I think about it, it's usually farmers I hear making these complaints, and often when it comes to oem replacement parts as well as roller chain.

if Deere buys a bunch of bearings for a combine from a Chinese manufacturer, and Joe Farmer sees "Made in China" on the bearing and it goes out two seasons s later, and he predictably blames all of China for the bearing failure because everything that comes across from China is automatically junk, why doesn't he ever wonder where the junk manufacturer got the specs to make that bearing?

Furthermore, farmers love to complain about the cost of replacement parts. While simultaneously complaining about them being Chinese made junk. I might be way out on a limb with this but what would the cost of those parts be if they were "Made in USA" where labor unions drive the cost of a work truck to $80,000 and we pay the union worker who stamps "Made in USA" on these bearings full salary for 25 years after he retires? The retailer who sells the bearing sends the specs his customers need to several manufacturers and the best bid wins. China doesn't pay union workers, China doesn't have OSHA driving facility costs through the roof.

Sorry that's been all pent up for way too long lol!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)