AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"Chinese junk"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

beebe44
Posted 12/2/2018 14:06 (#7143374 - in reply to #7142884)
Subject: RE: "Chinese junk"

Southern Idaho
I buy only high quality regardless of where it's made. There's actually a lot of stuff made in the USA anymore that is very low quality and some things made in china that are top quality, but usually it's the other way around. Cost doesn't matter so much to me anymore as I realize a quality part that costs more is almost always worth the price paid unless it is just outrageous. I figure out what is the best brand or model and then try to find the best deal on it. What really gets me upset is when the item is outrageously priced and is still garbage but you have no other alternative. True with a lot of farm machinery ,irrigation parts, and specialty tools that are made in China. For a long time you pretty much couldn't buy a decent bearing that was made in China. Now according to my bearing supplier there are some acceptable bearings made there. There are a lot of products made in China that are still almost always junk. MOST products that need to be made with high quality steel or especially rubber should be avoided if they come from china.

Personally I do not buy the argument that it doesn't matter where they are made because they are made to the manufacturer's specs. Yeah they have certain specifications, but there is more to quality than the manufacturer specs. Did Lacrosse boots just LOWER their specs when they moved production from the US to China? I don't believe they did. But the difference in quality today is noticeable. Rubber irrigation boots that used to last me 2-3 years now last me 4-6 months.

Edited by beebe44 12/2/2018 14:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)