AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Land prices
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

NE Ridger
Posted 11/23/2018 11:27 (#7122819 - in reply to #7122502)
Subject: RE: Land prices

EC Nebraska
StxPecans - 11/23/2018 08:12

My dad was pricing land in south east arizona 2 years ago and wanted to move the operation west. Top quality land with 15 foot of topsoil and flat with water wells already on property and some with pivots for 1000-1500 an acre. Thought he was crazy. Looking back at it probavly the best idea he ever had wish we would have all supported him. Same land is goig for doubke the price.

You can also buy row crop land in texas in victoria county we have some that brought 800 in 2001. Now goes for 2-3k an acre good soil and flat. Rain isnt thr issue drainage is. 150bu corn area.

Just dont see how 200+bu land in the I states that bring 10-13k an acre can even be profitable for farming?

What's the typical corn basis for your area? Positive or negative? How far to a market?
Just curious. The I states have a very mature corn/soybean industry, it sounds as if your area may not be as mature. I'm guessing that there's some other risk/reward issues, but maybe it's just as simple as the maturity of the industry.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)