AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

land sale results
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Kooiker
Posted 11/18/2018 12:48 (#7112911 - in reply to #7112539)
Subject: RE: land sale results

white shadow - 11/18/2018 09:36   It was explained some people need the land to expand their livestock operations and need the dirt to spread manure on to meet their manure management plans. Would you agree or disagree with this statement-----always trust your answers....

To some degree this is true but it doesn't really make sense from an economic point of view.

Two of the pieces of land sold this week were bought by cattle feeders and the land is relatively close to their operations.  The other one that I know who the buyer was I believe has hogs and I'm not sure of the proximity of the land to the hog buildings.

There is still a fair amount of land that never gets manure on it so its not necessarily that there isn't anywhere to go with the manure if you don't own the land.     There is also a lot of manure that gets sold so it's not necessarily that you have to "give the manure away" if you don't have land to put it on.

One of the largest cattle feeding operations in the state sells a lot of composted cattle manure that gets hauled all over the place.

With all of that said, if the 1/4 section next to me came up for sale and I had enough money to make it work, I'd probably try to get it bought. Even though I know it would likely be a terrible investment for the rest of my lifetime.

Edited by Kooiker 11/18/2018 13:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)