AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader steering rant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

swenzel
Posted 11/11/2018 11:39 (#7099124 - in reply to #7097049)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader steering rant

NW IL
When you say "SAM", I assume you are working with a ParaDyme? That being said here are some thoughts:

(1) when the system stops working....does the green satellite in the top corner go "grey"? If you click on the satellite when the system stops working do you see any information at all such as Latitude, Longitude, etc....or is it completely blank? The ParaDyme communicates via Ethernet cable. It is the exact same Ethernet cable that is used with routers, printers, computers, etc... I have seen where the ethernet cable gets pinched/bent and causes bad communication between the Integra and the ParaDyme. A simple 15ft ethernet cable (~$10) from your local computer shop (or Walmart, Amazon, etc...) can be used as a replacement to the factory Ag Leader/AutoFarm harness.

(2) Double check your wheel angle sensor. If the linkage is loose or sloppy the steering system will behave erratically. The system may still engage/disengage but it will struggle to acquire the line and stay on the line.

(3) We did have a SAM module fail on our Rogator last summer. The system would stop steering, or veer offline at random times. When the system stopped working our satellite icon in the top corner of the screen was solid green (RTK fix). I replaced the SAM, did a fresh calibration and the system and it has performed flawless ever since.

If your SAM unit is failing.....you do NOT need to necessarily purchase a new unit from Ag Leader. As guys have transitioned to the newer SteerCommand system, many dealers (and customers) are left with the old SAM module. Ask your dealer to track down a used SAM module. If he does not have one or can not get one for you, put a wanted ad on agtalk classified. Trust me....there are hundreds of used SAM modules collecting dust on dealers shelves right now.....you should be able to get one at a fraction of the cost of new.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)