AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader steering rant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 11/17/2018 05:11 (#7110301 - in reply to #7108373)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader steering rant

Missouri
caseihfarmer - 11/15/2018 21:52
i have always liked you kmech. having been on the other side of the phone many times your reply is perfect.

I know exactly what you mean. The other end of that phone call is an experience that just can't be understood until you have it. Sometimes it is more fun to offer help on agtalk than in person, for exactly that reason, just because if the attitude shows up you can drop it and walk away.

I love doing what I do. Even though it keeps my phone ringing all the time, I want to be the first guy people call when they have a problem and they need a solution. The thing is, I also want to be the last guy people call when they just want to rant. (You can rant to me if you want, but we do that at the bar, and *YOU* are buying. Failing that, let's just get to the point and fix it already.) I understand it's frustrating when your technology doesn't work; it's ok to be frustrated; I can and do sympathize with people, up until that point. This is where some people take it too far. Because they've had a bad time with this frustrating experience, now they need a whipping boy to take it out on. Usually the key indicator you have passed, or are about to pass that point is when one way or another the cost of the system has to come up in the conversation. I sell and service these systems. Not only do I know exactly what they cost, but I also know exactly how diagnostically useful and diagnostically relevant the purchase price is to an ongoing malfunction diagnosis ( negative 0.000000000%), so by all means tell me all about that before we move on to relevant symptoms and productive diagnostic steps.

Thanks for your kind words. It's nice to be appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)