AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader steering rant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 11/11/2018 15:55 (#7099556 - in reply to #7097049)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader steering rant

Missouri
I normally ignore rant threads, but against my better judgment I'm going to participate today.

Suggestion #1. How about a post seeking a diagnosis? Do you want to seek a solution, or do you want to rant?

Suggestion #2. Include detailed information. "It quit" is the absolute minimum detail possible. If the only thing you told your doctor was, "It hurts," you wouldn't get good healthcare either. What doesn't it do? What error message does it give? Does the steering system show up on the GPS information page? From the steering controller menu, can you manually actuate the steering valve? If you steer from left to right, do the steering counts on the wheel angle sensor increment smoothly and uniformly? Have you tried recalibrating or building a new steering profile?

Here's a big, basic detail...WHAT steering system is it? I'm going to presume this is a Paradyme with hydraulic steering based on suspicion of a SA module.

Suggestion #3. I'm not going to fault your dealer, as I don't know all the information, but extrapolating on what I've seen so far I don't know if he was given enough info to begin to work on this, but swapping receivers, and then displays, is just barking up the wrong tree twice for a steering issue. Again, I want to stress, that conclusion was reached from very thin facts.

If it's a SAM issue, you should be able to build a steering profile WITHOUT an angle sensor. The paradyme is capable of that, it will get you steering util the angle sensor/SAM issue can be resolved, and it's diagnostically useful for being strongly suggestive the problem is in that area.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people here. Come back with facts, and seek problem resolution rather than ranting, and you'll probably be presented with an answer in pretty short order.

In the interest of making the most of any given situation, an autosteer failure is a teachable moment for a young operator. Everyone needs to know how to grab the wheel.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)