AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

arc= ridiculous
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

ntexcotton
Posted 10/18/2018 09:18 (#7053154 - in reply to #7052684)
Subject: RE: arc /Plc - share the blame

North Central Texas
Baby Robin - 10/18/2018 00:02

I severely dislike govt programs just like many on here.

That said, I don't think that the govt is completely at fault here. The USDA and FSA sought input from commodity groups in general in drafting the safety net that became Arc and Plc. I didn't find the "fairness" in how the county average payments were calculated as I compared my measly county payment rate to my neighboring counties to my east/west and north /south county neighbors. But, I cashed my check. I remember running through all the spreadsheet what/ifs created by ISU - I picked ARC......

Debbie stabenouw et al took farm bureau, NCGA, Soybean association, cotton growers, and others inputs in designing this "thing" to meet WTO rules and cut ?whatever 10%? Out of the food and nutrition bill to meet a budget number.

Others need to take credit for the blame.... That is all that I trying to hopefully convey.

One of the best posts on this matter. Associations pushed hard for what they wanted. Arc and Plc were not some new dreamt up set of programs. They took other existing programs like ACRE and SURE modifing them to work. IMO they have performed as they were designed. Having the sco option on plc makes me wonder why there was such a push for arc from some groups.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)