AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

arc= ridiculous
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

ryank
Posted 10/18/2018 07:08 (#7052882 - in reply to #7052081)
Subject: RE: arc= ridiculous

SE Nebraska
DC swIL - 10/17/2018 18:36

vickruse - 10/17/2018 17:26

Crop insurance should be all we need to cover losses in bad years.

I agree with this. Especially in regards to this years tariff payments. All who signed up for crop insurance were guaranteed a baseline of gross income. There was really no need to supplement this with additional $$ to make up for what might have been available without the tariff. But I don't make the rules, I just try to keep in the game. So I will fill out the forms and cash the check when it comes.

And I agree that ARC is quite random in regards to payments changing dramatically from county to county.

Yes...but it could also be said that those who bought crop insurance were better risk managers. Why incentivize those who were content to just wing it???? Take that one step farther. I pay for a broker/advisor. By the above stated logic since a good chunk of my production was hedged around $10...I shouldn't be eligible. And anyone that didn't outlay money to make better decisions should get a government check. Again, why incentivize poor decision making. For the record...I believe no one should be getting a check
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)