AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Killing the crop groundrules
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

McHusker
Posted 4/18/2018 13:11 (#6717450 - in reply to #6717402)
Subject: RE: Killing the crop groundrules

Nebraska aka the boondocks
I don't think most farmers feel ill will towards another for having a good yield. My interpretation is this. Most farmers have a list in their minds that lead to good yields, take your pick of 100 things. As the year rolls along they check things off in their minds, and as best they can they try and keep track of things for the nation as a whole, if that is possible. I don't think it is killing a crop at all, to analyze all these things. Do warm nights matter during pollination, or not? We seemingly rely on things like crop conditions reports to keep track of that, see the following article... http://farmdocdaily.illinois.edu/2017/06/how-to-use-within-season-c...

Now, we all know what happened last year, what pissed off most folks is, they were apparently relying on bad data, either the reports were bogus or the final yield was. People are not mad at the guys that had good yields, they are mad because they were told to rely on something that was... unreliable. I listen to my agronomist and my own crop experience more than anything else. I don't know, maybe that is a bad idea, but it is only human nature to look at our experiences, that we know to be true and then extrapolate them. I frankly would like to hear more reports from farmers, not less.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)