AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Killing the crop groundrules
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 4/18/2018 17:12 (#6717767 - in reply to #6717517)
Subject: RE: Killing the crop groundrules

North Central Illinois
Save your breath. I've been fighting this battle for years. Every year we have challenges somewhere sometime throughout the growing season. Some of them are extremely serious and have irreversible consequences. Others are frustrating and seem catastrophic at the time but in the end don't prevent a big crop on a national scale. Which of those two the current incident is remains to be seen. Regardless, at the first sign of trouble the NAT faithful take to the keyboard to rant and rave because the markets don't care and aren't going up everyday. It's raw emotion and I get it. If it is happening in your backyard it is incredibly stressful and feels like the world is closing in on you. It is still early enough that we could end up with a record crop or we could have the worst crop we have had in years. I don't think odds favor one over the other at this point. Hopefully we get to the field soon so that every one can calm down and move onto the next crisis. As always, Mother Nature holds all the cards.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)