AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

vivid and acted out nightmares
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Beerslayer
Posted 4/21/2018 23:54 (#6723805 - in reply to #6713758)
Subject: RE: vivid and acted out nightmares

Don, that's such a hard thing to deal with, I really feel bad for you. Mine is waking every morning around 330 AM with a huge adrenaline rush from some bad dream and then not sleeping the rest of the night. I started using over the counter sleep aids which was hard to accept. I hate taking anything. It helped. Then I found out that I was taking the same thing that took my mother early. I quit taking it that day.

A friend suggested CBDs. It is a derivative of cannabis or marijuana. I had real hard time with that. I'm ~very conservative. I don't like pot or potheads, and didn't want anything to do with it. Finally I found out that I could get the benefits of the CBDs without the THC (that's the part that makes you high).

It had just become legal in Oregon so I tried it. First really good night of sleep in many years. Didn't get all weird like the film Reefer Madness they scared us with in junior high. Just slept 8 hours and woke up feeling good.

Tried some different types. Some left me groggy until mid morning just like pills. Eventually found just the right thing. For example yesterday I spent the day wrestling with some rough sawn 12"x12" timbers turning them by myself on saw horses getting them ready to put up in the home I'm building on the farm. I'm almost sixty and knew I'd overdone it. I've got bad hips and could hardly walk when I was done. Took 3/4 tablespoon of dried powder in some yogurt before bed about 11 PM. Woke up at 645, started thinking about what I was going to do today. Jumped out of bed and thought... Wait! I thought I'd be all stove up this morning. Nope. Woke up almost pain free, alert, and refreshed. I'd forgotten that some varieties have powerful anti-inflammatory properties, and this one was new to me.

I don't know the legal situation in the state you are in so don't know if this is an option for you. If it is, please consider it. Coming from a John Birch Society conservative, it probably sounds weird, but there ya go. It's a plant not a drug. Was hard for me to accept, but I'm one heck of a lot better off now.

Oh, and here we can grow it for personal use. Total cost for the year, about $40. Sound sleep, pain minimized, no side affects. It's bedtime here on the left coast. Think I'll take a powder.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)