AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fixed my UPS problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 1/3/2009 21:50 (#556493 - in reply to #556347)
Subject: RE: On the store VS internet buy price..

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Ron..NE ILL..10/48 - 1/4/2009 19:06

But Jon, when it's the same company, shouldn't they be aware of what they're doing?

Best Buy On-line vs Best Buy store? This isn't 2 different outfits. The guy in their company in charge of building stores needs to talk with the guy in charge of loading their website.

To get more confusing, you can go INto the store & they can order on-line & have it sent to you.  I'm not sure about their return/exchange policy if you accept order delivery vs carrying it out of the front door.

I know it's the same company Ron, but unless the internet /catalog sales give free shipping, the store has paid shipping to the store and need to add that to the price to maintain the same margin as the internet sales outfit.
Also the value of being able to hands on inspect the device before you accept and pay for it, plus usually an instant in store exchange or return with no shipping cost to you .

A lot of what I buy from them is internet sales, as my farm is a 200 mile round trip to the nearest town with a big box store, so it is cheaper for me to pay the shipping and have the fed ex truck deliver it to my door.
If I have another reason to go to one of those towns, then the travel money is already spent and the trip to the big box store adds little to my cost. In that case I place some value on being able to do an actual hands on inspection of the device to see if it will do what I want instead of just relying on the info / picture on an internet sales page.

Nothing wrong with asking the store if they will accept a lower price, they decided that a sale at a lower margin is still a sale, so good for you.
I was just trying to point out why in store prices may be higher than catalog/ internet sales.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)