AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for those of you that rent farms with "unfarmable" ground.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

brudno
Posted 3/22/2018 09:40 (#6657869)
Subject: Question for those of you that rent farms with "unfarmable" ground.

SC WI
There is 200 acres or so up for rent say 120 of it is county average sandy loam ground 110-140 ground the balance is a network of varying size fields cut up with poor ditches collapsed tile sandy ground with incredibly poor drainage.

Seen lots of guys come & go lose out on farming it. There is maybe a couple day window every few years you can get a crop into it but these guys that have farmed it have been to big and spread out to be there for that small window. Been years since I've seen a viable crop on it.

It's probably an all or nothing deal, won't break up his 200 acres, I know I could throw out an offer on all 200 assuming ill lose badly on that 80 & won't be able to take preventative plant on it, try to farm it crash my APH, would have to be a low ball offer. Or do you guys in this try to farm something like this on shares at least maybe the poor ground? It'd be nice to get the 120 rented up I can see half it from my house, but won't lose my butt trying to farm the broken 80. He's not willing to put in any work to fix any of the issues either. Just wondering what you guys in this situation have tried, good or bad.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)