AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

semi HP question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

redline
Posted 12/27/2008 09:53 (#548092 - in reply to #548041)
Subject: Re: semi HP question

Central Iowa
I'm going to side with Tim Allen from "Home Improvement" here. Never have enough power. But 330 will get the job done. I had a Mack with 300 first, and after I turned the pump up it was pretty good. Mack 350 was better, alot better with one of those Blixxton tuner dealies on it. Wasn't a thing you could do with an early Detroit series 60 350.
Fleet trucks are ordered with lower HP to save fuel, weight, and, I'll bet to keep the drivers out of trouble. A companies image suffers if the drivers are all out tearing up the road. I don't suppose a load of styrofoam cups or something similar would pull all that hard. I'll bet most of them are running with as large a load as they can get, though.
If you are going to hire a driver at times, you might want to consider what it will take to keep a good driver, also, what it will take to keep him/her out of trouble. It won't be long until everyone knows whose truck that is out tearing up the highways in this scenario also.
Most hauls on the farm a 330 hp truck's arrival at the termial will be within a couple of minutes of the big hp trucks. With a lot less expense.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)