AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

i gotta a ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

GrainTrader
Posted 2/18/2018 20:31 (#6588003 - in reply to #6587963)
Subject: RE: Gay or Transgender farmers

20 Miles West of Indianapolis Indiana
In this case my understanding of reality puts me in a better spot to provide for my family in the long run. The govt has passed this law. What would your stance be if someone came on here and said anyone paying under X% rate of taxes is a crook and a leach upon this country? I’m guessing your argument would be you are following the tax code and that is where you fall in it... hmmmm... sound familiar?

When it comes to my tax rate I really could care less what the public thinks. If we were all on here complaining that our taxes were too high it would do us no good. Also, John Q McPublic has the option to start a farm too if it is so lucrative.

Let’s say this law stays in place for a few years and grain prices stay in a state of stagnation for arguments sake (or whatever level of price it would take for my example here to be valid). Farmers who follow this coop sales practice will have more money to bid on land at auctions. Maybe 10-25% higher let’s say? Well to hell with watching even more land get bought with me on the sidelines. Been watching 1031 exchange, seasoned operators with large tracks of paid for land, and silver spoon daddy financed operations buy land while my hand goes down $1000-3000 an acre sooner... doing what it takes to build my operation so maybe my kids don’t have to work in a dangerous factory and 2 jobs at a time to see their small dream come true some day... legally.

Edited by GrainTrader 2/19/2018 07:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)