AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

i gotta a ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

GrainTrader
Posted 2/18/2018 19:21 (#6587790 - in reply to #6587766)
Subject: RE: Gay or Transgender farmers

20 Miles West of Indianapolis Indiana
coup - 2/18/2018 19:12

GrainTrader - 2/17/2018 19:07

I was one of the posters who admitted I am attempting to jump through the hoops to try and take advantage of this new tax law... I guess I don’t understand why it is a sin to stay within the allotted tax code? I don’t believe the tax cut will be in place by Dec 31, but with the upside potential I am hedging my bets accordingly.

What is so wrong about following this?

Do you farm Starvation? Do you accept govt payments in any form? Do you let the govt pay for part of your crop insurance tab?

Maybe we are Hippocrates? Idk. I’m following a law put in place. I don’t feel like I am being deceptive and selling illega drugs for cash and not declaring that on my taxes then accepting welfare on top of that...

Lets say tax law was passed that Gay or Transgender farmers were the only ones that could get a 20% deduction against gross grain sales. Really no different in the eyes of the law than having to dealing with a Coop to get a 20% deduction on gross grain sales $.

So with your logic sounds like you think if it is legal, whatever hoops a person needs to jump through to get a tax break is fine and dandy.

This Coop deal is a powder keg if it remains law and taken advantage of by a bunch of farmers. Will do more harm in the long run than anything positive. Especially with the majority of the voters in this country as to the negative effect it will cause long term. To think otherwise is shortsighted and foolish.

Is you labeling a powder keg because of non Ag public’s perception or another reason I’m not seeing?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)