AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shop heat...an important difference
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 12/20/2008 21:58 (#541654 - in reply to #540722)
Subject: I didn't mean to upset anyone

Brazilton KS
But after our little excitement I thought it was worth discussing.

I certainly know that as I saw the rapidly expanding puddle going across the floor, I was EXTREMELY glad that there were no sources of ignition in the immediate area. The project was going on where it really shouldn't have been....much closer to the welding area then normal....but fortunately there were only two of us in the shop and I wasn't doing anything productive, so I wasn't making any sparks. Once I got the doors open and killed some electricity in the immediate area, I was much less nervous. We were running the heat full bore trying to store up some heat in the slab for the upcoming cold snap, so it evaporated amazingly fast. If something like this would have happened when we were out in the old quonset with the wood stove, it would not have been pretty....except I would never have been doing bare-armed work in there because it would have been too damn cold.

The other shop I mentioned was a local mechanic who does automotive for us from time to time. He lost his shop and most of his tools, and several customer's vehicles about five years ago, doing the exact same job that we were working on. His shop is clean and orderly, and they are not the type to be lax about things.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)