AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4 Machines, 2 Colors. Fieldview?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

NOCO_Farmer
Posted 12/4/2017 14:28 (#6406132 - in reply to #6405052)
Subject: RE: 4 Machines, 2 Colors. Fieldview?

NE Colorado
I agree the real data is the best, and I completely intend to keep the USB drives in the machines and pull the raw data at the end of the year to store on our server.

Also, understood glitches happen, I am also making my glitches now, as well as fighting other glitches such as a file having GPS counts on it, but not showing the map, even though it did before I began evaluating that field. SMS has its own bag of worms to deal with. I'm hoping the data transfer will help eliminate some of the human error such as losing a USB, or not plugging it in, or things of that nature. Yieldsense does not make the most sense for us for a few reasons. The first is the cost. The raw cost for our 3 machines would be, what, triple what Fieldview would cost? I thought about moving all the machines to agleader so they could talk, but that outrageous as well. Another issue is the 4th machine that runs with us, buying a 4th monitor for a machine I don't own, and trying to train them on it... it doesn't seem like the most feasible option. So if I didn't ad a Yieldsense to that machine we would be back to square one because of the difference in accuracy, and different data types. Plus, we generally have a custom cutter with 3-4 machines running on us as well.

Also, in your other reply you talked about no program being able to automatically adjust 4 combines. I obviously didn't convey what I was trying to get at very well, I apologize. I am not looking to adjust them, what would be beneficial is to be able to look at what each machine is showing for an instant yield, and an average and make sure that they are close to reading the same thing. For example, if one machine is running, I don't know, we will just say 5 bushel different than the other 3, I could get a hold of that operator and have them run another calibration. This helps prevent some of the junk in junk out from the front end and keeps me from having to kick every other operator out to run a calibration. I am able to run within 0.5-1 bushel of actual on a field, and across 10+ thousand acres every year in my machine. That is accurate enough for our operation at this time. Things may change in the future.

Please do not misconstrue this as not valuing what you are saying, I am just hopefully explaining the situation better, and throwing counter arguments to see what works and doesn't. Thank you greatly for your response.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)