AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4 Machines, 2 Colors. Fieldview?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 12/5/2017 06:14 (#6407368 - in reply to #6402466)
Subject: RE: 4 Machines, 2 Colors. Fieldview?

n.c.iowa
We’ve run fieldview for a couple years, it’s not quite as a slam dunk as portended. The drop box function hasn’t really worked all that well, there is still some data it won’t except. This year it has lost some of my harvest maps, has reassigned maps to different names, etc. probably still can’t overlay scouting maps, spray maps, trial maps over harvest maps.

I suspect that the price point is going to continue to rise until it’s similar to the competition.

Also i’m Not a big fan of the apple products, so using a i-pad just irks me, but I wouldn’t get anything less than a 128, the 9.5” screen works the best for us, you have to get a cell enabled one if you are going to scout, they have the compass in them, the wireless ones do not.

As far as data in normal operations they don’t burn up too much, but if you want to watch the harvester in real time, it’ll burn through data like nothing you’ve ever seen.

In my thoughts sms is still the gold standard for handling the data, fieldview is probably a few tweaks away from being the best way to assemble the stuff, as long as you use the drives.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)