AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Am I crazy to think 150s is more likely than 160s?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 7/20/2017 16:58 (#6138529 - in reply to #6138019)
Subject: RE: Am I crazy to think 150s is more likely than 160s?

Conan the Farmer - 7/20/2017 10:59

2013 had a wet start in large parts of the western belt. It had a dry July and August over most of the corn belt. Look at the drought monitor expand from mid July, 2013 through September. It was a fairly bad western belt drought, especially Kansas and Nebraska. We did not start with a widespread full soil moisture profile like we did this year. We planted more acres of corn, which I would presume the lesser acres this year are on better ground.

We yielded 158 in 2013. Is 4 years of trend worth more yield? I don't know if I buy that. But I think 2013 was worse in both starting conditions and in the western drought. It will probably need to not rain again to be worse.

I'm with you and think we need more damage to get under 160. It's of course possible though.

Good analysis on the west. I don't think seed has garnished any additional drought or flood resistance since 2013 to add to trend yield. Pioneer and Monsanto have added some good hybrids and share those with the smaller companies but imo those genetics are planted as high yield and imo don't add drought tolerance if any.

2013 was better on the east. If we find its a toss up it may come in close to that year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)