AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Am I crazy to think 150s is more likely than 160s?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

NE Ridger
Posted 7/20/2017 12:33 (#6138091 - in reply to #6138043)
Subject: RE: Am I crazy to think 150s is more likely than 160s?

EC Nebraska
Conan the Farmer - 7/20/2017 12:08

Has NE not been catching those rains that have been streaking through the lower half of NE, NW KS, and NoMo?

You guys had a heck of a wet spring, does your soil profile not hold a lot of water?

The water availability of my soil is 10" in the top and available subsoil. It was full to start the year and we have received 12-15" since April, so my corn really doesn't need much more to finish. I am in the D1 drought, yet my corn looks fine. That's why I don't buy the better soiled parts of Iowa are somehow going to drag on yield. There's a reason those guys pay $10,000-12,000 for ground.

Eastern Nebraska between I-80 and Hwy-30 will have a decent crop. We got a good rain the end of June and a couple light showers in July. Dryland is starting to need rain in some of that area, but some of it is still soaked. 1.5" in the next two weeks would probably be enough to take our dryland corn to APH or a little better. Irrigated should be good.

Now, you get north of 30, and it gets dry fast. Same thing for very far south of 80. But it's not all bad.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)