AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Am I crazy to think 150s is more likely than 160s?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 7/20/2017 12:58 (#6138138 - in reply to #6137981)
Subject: RE: Am I crazy to think 150s is more likely than 160s?

NW KS still has the potential for a record crop and some very specific areas of NW KS are very close to having that record crop in the bag as their profile is still close to full. I have a friend who said it had been too wet to spray until two days ago and he had only put on 2 to 2.5" so far on his irrigated as of 2 days ago. That is unheard of.

However, I'm about 25 miles North of him and I am experiencing nothing like that at all. Yes, if we had 2" of rain right now I would be thinking record production for me by a long shot but if we have no rain until harvest I will be 20 bushels under my APH.

I think a large part of NW KS is like me and then a much smaller part is like my friend.

I think NC KS has pretty decent potential but they are definitely not too wet. They can lose yield significantly going forward if it doesn't rain.

SW KS was rough a week or so ago but I don't know if they have hit a rain since then. SC looks tough from NAT pictures. NE looks REALLY tough. Don't know about SE.

Overall, I don't really see KS doing huge production to offset losses elsewhere. Western Kansas trying to offset even the losses in NE KS seems unlikely to me. Give my area another two inches in the next week though and another two inches a week or two later and NW KS will have more bushels than we have ever had so it could be possible.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)