AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Am I crazy to think 150s is more likely than 160s?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

DBFarms17
Posted 7/20/2017 11:20 (#6137958 - in reply to #6137932)
Subject: RE: Am I crazy to think 150s is more likely than 160s?

I'm with you Hone570 I have 0% sold new and 70% last year corn sitting in the bin, I'm sold on beans but have contracts bought at way lower to cover going up that im in $$ on but I have to sell that for specialty beans and just have to have fun on the board but the premium is well worth the having to dick with the board.

yes it may bite me in the A** but I'm not willing to give my corn away, that's what i have bins for.....

ND and SD are not much better than my zero'd out dryland and they are the ones that got us to the 90 million acres of corn, if I remember right Illinois, Iowa, and MN didn't just plant all corn this year and yes they will have some good spots but the market isn't realizing the wheat acres that were down in the dakota's went to mostly corn, some soybean and some sunflowers but a big chuck is going to be 0-50 bushel corn

I sell wholesale fert. to dakotas and nebraska and Urea was down in that area because side dress was dismal at best.

the eastern belt of the dakota's that did get rain won't balance out all the zeros to the west. I talk to to many GM and Agronomy mangers that say there corn is on the last leg to believe that we have 160 average let alone 170 average.

Even the guys in SW MN who get rains are praying for rains with each bubble on the screen... yes they could have 200 bushel corn but thats the very top - no 250 like years before and rains that usually make the crap framers look good, are really showing up, not to mention if you were tight last year you didn't want to spend to much money on fert because price was 3$ cash..

WHen corn is $5 you can talk me into a lot of crap when corn is 3$ my mind and every farmers mind goes in a different direction, I don't know about you but 200 bushel x 3$ corn doesn't pay alot of our bills and I own a good chunk of ground.

Sorry rant over... just get sick of grain traders calling me to liquidate old crop after the .35 cent dump just to watch it come back and climb back .21 cents from that low... and when you should of sold before the wadse report they said don't sell its going to be a non-event, i need to listen to my own advise do the opposite of what ever the grain traders say...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)