AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What makes John deere
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Bigshot
Posted 7/2/2017 00:09 (#6100942 - in reply to #6100729)
Subject: RE: What makes John deere

jdironman - 7/1/2017 21:29

I guess I will bite. We grew up on AC. We switched to Deere from a 7060 to a jd 4555. Absolutely no comparison. The 7060 tractor were a good tractor for the money, we never had trouble with any thing major but we usually traded them before 3000 hrs.. it was little things like seat springs breaking or shift linkage breaking. 4555 was in altogether different class as far as cab, ac, shifting tightness etc. also heavier tractor, very expensive trade but much, much more tractor. Next trade was the 8000series also a far superior tractor to anything on the market. During 4555 time

we owned a Green Steiger which was a far superior tractor to anything that Deere had in a 4 wheel drive. Than Steiger got traded for 9350 Ih, big mistake, than a 9370 better and than a John Deere 9400 far better. Just a awesome tractor.
Combines we started with a Gleaner than went to a 7700. Thought we died and went to heaven. Next steps were a 8820, good combine and than a 9600, also good. 9610 okay, 9650 next awesome combine. From there a 9660, 9670 and than a 9770 which stood out again as a awesome combine. Than on to 670 and 680 which have been okay but wouldn't qualify as awesome.
Our tillage is and always pretty much been red, have tried some green but always went back to red.
I agree with above poster, I don't think today Deere stands as far ahead of the pack as they used too. Currently have a large frame yellow track and a large frame Deere track, would probably pick the Deere but not by much. Have stuck with Deere 8000 series and am not complaining at all but don't know if it wasn't for dealer support that I wouldn't be at least looking at something else comparing prices. Not unhappy just not quite as clear cut as it used to be. Don't care for deeres new idea that you have to rent software etc, that you really don't own the tractor. I guess I feel when I pay cash for a tractor or make last payment that the tractor is mine and I don't want Deere telling me I have to make more payments on some software or other baloney. Lengthy post sorry

I concur with all you said!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)