AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What makes John deere
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TP from Central PA
Posted 6/30/2017 21:31 (#6099130 - in reply to #6099043)
Subject: RE: What makes John deere

On a side note, never understood why Hoober's don't have a store to the north.................Warner's is up there, but that is a mostly forget-able experience. See all makes here, for me I would own a 7000 series Deere, but nothing previous to that unless it was a 4050 with a 359T.............I never was impressed with Deere's power plants, hydraulic system is great when it works, but terrible when it doesn't...........Not sure who's bright idea was to put the pump in the front, and not in the rear end case. The modular design of the 7/8000's are nice IMO. I like red paint myself, has its quirks, but most can be righted with brain power and good upkeep. For example, hear about hard shifting............well when your using a screw driver to get it out of gear on a 12,000 hr tractor that has never had anyone touch the shift linkage, I don't think that is necessarily a design issue.

One thing is for sure, I don't miss the green boat anchors that went putt putt we had years ago. We had a gas 560 that would have caused a preacher to commit murder, but those were worse. A good M-TA and a good 400 back in the day put a smile on my face, they did everything we asked of them and more, never a complaint.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)