AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What to do with Mom
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

billw
Posted 7/1/2017 08:26 (#6099629 - in reply to #6098445)
Subject: RE: What to do with Mom

E. Kansas
Somehow, you or other siblings have to get her refocused, oversee her spending and get your name(s) on her property.

The deal of sending big sums of money, willingly selling her car and borrowing money to buy some guy a Yukon, shows she is very vulnerable. If her name only is on her house, there is nothing to stop her from signing it over to some guy who might convince her that he must have it or the amount of money that it represents.

I would be very concerned that someday she might leave town without you knowing to go meet one of these guys, or if another one of them shows up at her place. It would be great if you could somehow disable her computer or at least her internet access until things change. These guys have an uninterrupted path to her otherwise, and they can call her if she's given them her number. I think you're going to have to step in very soon. Talk to some agencies who specialize in the care and protection of the elderly.

I wish you well in resolving this and of course, all the best for your Mom as well.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)