AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What to do with Mom
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

denice.r
Posted 6/30/2017 18:45 (#6098808 - in reply to #6098445)
Subject: RE: What to do with Mom

south east Indiana
When my father died it took some time for my mom to adjust. She had moved out of her parents home and moved for a job then quickly got married, raised 3 kids. Then she took care of my dad when he was ill. She always had someone around, rarely went more than work or grocery store alone and then only worked for a handful of years when we were older. Didn't work again till Dad passed.

I think it is rather common for women of that generation to have never learned how to be alone. It is HUGE, I fear we are raising another generation of kids that are not comfortable with being alone and still.

I would say contact friends to ask her to do things, church maybe. Possibly senior citizens trips or outings. Kids, grandkids ect need to make her feel useful and wanted and needed. That might be what she is searching for - huge deal to women.

I have a friend who takes her mom on group bus trips/vacations. They have a blast. Possibly get her involved in a group, new hobby, learning a skill, volunteering...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)