AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

We are ditching the Dish! Any advice before I make the call?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 6/26/2017 16:13 (#6091168 - in reply to #6091106)
Subject: RE: We are ditching the Dish! Any advice before I make the call?

central - east central Minnesota -

keving - 6/26/2017 15:03 This past weekend I went on an annual fishing trip "up north". The cabin that belongs to a buddy is in a wooded area, no cell phone coverage etc. we purchased a simple HD TV antenna, and installed it on a 35-40 ft tower.( several feet below the tree tops),and hooked it up to his digital HG tv . The thing works awesome, we got over 35 channels all my local stations back home all crystal clear and free! I'm convinced that is all we need at home for tv. I'm sure our Dish Network contract is up soon, what advice do you have when I call and say I'm cancelling my service? Even if they cut my bill in half I don't want it. TIA this is the style antenna we put up, just google LAVA HD 2605 

Pretty good deal - free tv.

I ditched our phone company (Windstream - they suck). Provided cable TV w/all the channels and local tv through the phone. Wanted us to switch to Dish when they quit over the phone deliver of TV. No way, no how. Got the AgTalk approved antenna from Denny's out of Michigan, but great with 30 some channels. Mostly the local news is all I watch. When I have more time (winter), I just use Nexflix for other movies and entertainment (unforturnently, through Windstream, but basic internet is 15Mbps (and according to CNet speed checker, it's 18-19 Mbps), so pretty good deal ($60bucks/mo). Windstream canceling TV over phone line is the best $100 plus dollars per month savings in a long, long time !  Thanks Windstream - (they still suck though).

Edit: I got the "Stacker" antenna - http://www.dennysantennaservice.com/

Edited by iseedit 6/26/2017 16:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)