AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ideal tractor for older farmer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Sodbustr
Posted 5/24/2017 07:33 (#6034731 - in reply to #6034350)
Subject: RE: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Western Iowa
thekcirp - 5/23/2017 23:03

what garvo said. what garvo said. what garvo said. For a whole lot of reasons that surely don't need said again. At 86 he can prolly afford at least one more identical to the one he has.

Agree 100%. I would add even if my 86 yr old dad wouldn't buy himself another tractor, I would just buy one myself and 'keep it at his farm'. Interest is cheap, the right used tractors don't depreciate much, and if he is still feeding cattle at 86 he has earned it. What if he gets hurt trying to switch things when you aren't around? If he won't buy himself another tractor, you need to do it for him. IMO.........

EDIT----- I would add this. When my grandfather passed, my grandmother had me coming over every day to feed the cows. They were feeding out of upright silo's, so when everything was set, it was just push a couple of buttons and feed. I tried to show grandma and she really didn't want to learn. I got a little annoyed after a couple months of having to stop everyday. Another family member explained to me after 50 years of milking, grandma could feed cows just fine, but likely finds comfort in the fact I was stopping every day to feed, and I would also visit a bit and do any other things she needed. I was young and dumb and really hadn't considered that........ I stopped with a smile every day I could after that sunk in.

Edited by Sodbustr 5/24/2017 07:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)