AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ideal tractor for older farmer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hf213
Posted 5/24/2017 06:14 (#6034566 - in reply to #6034152)
Subject: RE: Ideal tractor for older farmer

I like 5105' s idea....but I have another twist.

IF hydraulic hoses are the challenge....

1.) How about having a short hose from the tips that plug in the SCV and purchase some smaller "butterfly" hydraulic connectors like the truck wetlines use. This would allow easier threading of the hoses together....might get a little pricey to get set up, but cheaper than a tractor.
example:

https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/Wet_Line_Couplings_s/156.htm

2.) When I worked at the dealership I had an older customer one time who had a hell of a time getting the tips in as well because of arthritis in his hands. I remember I took and added another o ring male x male connector and another female o ring x o ring connector to extend more rearward of the tip. I then welded a piece or 3/4" round stock x 8" long or so perpendicular to the female o ring connector, ( this made a tee handle ) this way he could grab the hose with both hand to shove in the tip. We ordered the rear lever from Shoup to help release the hoses.
This was on a 40 series Deere tractor ( his big one ) so he only connected to a field cultivator and chisel.

I can get you part numers if you need. Sorry I have no pics, but could assemble something at the shop for an illustration / example pic if interested.

We had to be a little careful since this made the tip ends of hoses longer and watch for clearance around the quick hitch. It worked, he was tickled.

3.) Another idea I had with the handle type idea I had above, was to make a tool that would fit around the hex of the tip then weld the " T " handle to it, kinda like a flare socket with a handle welded to it, but never pursued it after the others worked.
Had I known about the butterfly hydraulic connections, I think my customer would have went that route when we did rigged his years ago.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)