AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drone Business Names and Rates???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

dronedude
Posted 3/6/2017 11:31 (#5881529 - in reply to #5881497)
Subject: RE: Drone Business Names and Rates???

SE Iowa
Just a heads up on stand counts, a few years ago a few companies started to promote the stand count technology and it didn't work. The companies looked foolish. Some software companies now can get it to work properly, but you have to get multiple pixels on a plant to count it. This means with a DJI you will have to fly about 60-100 feet off the ground. This means flying 15-20 acres at a time (per battery). Also, corn and soybean counting with drones is about a 7-8 day window of time, so I definitely wouldn't promise it!

Make sure to have enough data to prove a grower it's worth it. Commodity prices are low, so flying for hire hasn't worked for many comapnies in agriculture. Drones have been promising, but mainly because they have become easier and cheaper to own, so a farmer can easily fly their own stuff for not a whole lot of cost. I side job of a few hours a month would work to pay off your drone and maybe make some side money, but I would honestly be careful trying to start a full time job.

Just what I've seen in the industry so far, feel free to listen or ignore! :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)