AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drone Business Names and Rates???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

BacNBlak
Posted 3/6/2017 18:43 (#5882242 - in reply to #5881529)
Subject: RE: Drone Business Names and Rates???

Eastern Shore of MD
I think dronedude is 100% spot on with the cautionary advice on going in to this and expecting enough business to make a full time job of it. I can speak personally of this from my own experiences.

Also, be careful saying that you will provide 'NDVI' images with a P3 with the stock RGB camera. I fly a P3 and also use dronedeploy quite frequently and while the plant health images resemble NDVI images, they are not true ones. NDVI is captured with NIR sensors and then processed. The 'VARI' algorithm that DD uses with RGB cameras is great, but I am always careful to use the term 'crop variance' and not NDVI with customers so that I don't misrepresent what I am providing to them.

With your pricing, you mentioned $2.00/ac plus $20 for each map. So are you thinking $2/ac for just scouting if the customer didn't want any drone maps or is it $2/ac to show up and then $20 for each map? With scouting, are you making recommendations? Certified agronomist?

As far as the other videos and images go, I think you need to assess two things - what your time is worth and honestly think if your editing software/abilities are good enough that someone would pay good money for them. I hope they are, just trying to throw it out there! Oh, and good luck on your Part 107 studying and exam!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)