AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drone Business Names and Rates???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

ntbill
Posted 3/7/2017 16:11 (#5884058 - in reply to #5883606)
Subject: RE: Drone Business Names and Rates???

SC Wisconsin
Good points by those who have been there and done it. FYI - I can have a fixed wing plane flying over my fields in 24 hours for the price you are looking at. If I up the acres, my price goes down. NIR, RGB and NDVI delivered and captured with real multi-spectral sensors, delivered to my inbox within 12 hours of the plane landing. My point, anyone can do what you are proposing. Where is the value in your service idea verses what is available from the pros?

The UAS platforms many are working with today simply do not scale very well. Plenty of bottlenecks in moving data and limited flight times with today's tools. We are still 3-5 years out before we have regulations that permit flights beyond visual line of sight. When 5G rolls out for wireless connections the data issues will get easier and the vehicles will improve... as is the case for all technology.

I am the first in line to try and use this technology for something that I can't do with other tools, just have my eyes wide open in terms of what the limits are and where it fits into the value discussion. I am reminded, things often are not worth what we think they are.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)