AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problems with laptop
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

judythe
Posted 9/25/2008 21:31 (#469414)
Subject: Problems with laptop

Mechanicville, NY

My laptop is five years old and I know it is probably obsolete. It is a Dell Latitude C840 (whatever that is) has a pentium 4 processor and windows xp. internal cd/dvd player etc. my work gave it to me. anyway - after all of this time i am having trouble with it. i don't recall how much room it has in the hard drive, but i know for a fact that about 80% of the space is free.

lately, when i turn it on, the monitor freaks out and goes all pastel colours and then blacks out and then on again every few seconds. the computer will not respond to anything i try to do except hard booting.  sometimes for i don't know why, it seems to send it self into "safe mode" and all of the print and pics get very very large and gray and white. sometimes if i restart, it does restart ok and is normal and runs well if a little slow. out of sheer desperation, i went to the Nvidia website which directed me to the Dell website and i downloaded every graphics and motherboard driver my computer would let me do. this seems to have helped a bit, however, my computer still is not working as it was before this happened.

is my computer toast? any advice is welcome and appreciated.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)