AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RTK what does it cost?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tmecham
Posted 6/4/2008 12:33 (#390427 - in reply to #390387)
Subject: RE: RTK what does it cost?

Hi sakellar,

Here is what I have for response to your questions

I believe there are no subscription fees with RTK right?
This depends on if you plan to have your own base station (mobile/fixed), or use an RTK network. An RTK network will most likely cost you an annual subscription.

I have a GS2 system, so will I have to update the software or components? (receiver, screen, etc.)
This depends on who you are choosing as an RTK solutions provider. If I may ask, with your GS2 do you have an SF1/SF2 activation on it and are you currently running an ATU100/200 or is it already equipped with an AutoTrac Ready steering valve? While many RTK systems are not compatible Leica's mojoRTK is compatible.

Are different RTK systems compatible with each other? (eg. JD/Outback/Trimble)
Yes, some are: http://www.mojortk.com/leica-web/app/content/public/resources/files...

Can I run an unlimited number of ATU's off one RTK base?
Yes. However, I am not sure if you are referring to AutoTrac Universal kits or just "AutoTrack" units. Regardless of who you choose as your RTK provider (Leica mojoRTK, Deere, Trimble, AutoFarm, etc.), they can all run multiple units (i.e. tractors equipped with guidance) off one RTK base station.

Is the range of the RTK base line of sight only? What can I expect for a range?
Depending upon the range that you need, there are an array of options. The "norm" of what RTK is advertised is line of sight, that is correct. It is known that you can be out of line of site and still receive signal. A lot of that depends upon the quality of the radio that manufactures use as well. In terms of range, you have options on this as well depending upon who you use.

I think I heard about signal repeaters to send the correction to other ATU's is this an added component?
Yes, I believe the majority of repeaters are on added option.

When you move the base station to your next field, how long does it need sitting still to start sending you a good signal?
Once again, this is dependant upon which system you choose. Leica's mojoRTK has a fixed time of approx. 3 minutes.

Thank you,

Trevor
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)