AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze 450c conveyor grain cart
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tim Cooke
Posted 7/27/2006 20:45 (#30412 - in reply to #30394)
Subject: Forgive me.

I assumed you had looked at one in detail.

The hyd system is in two parts. One of course is the conveyor itself. The second is two stage. I hope I remember it correctly. The conveyor moves into position and trips a hyd valve that will then allow the door to be opened by the same current. In reverse, the door must be closed before the conveyor will lower. This is where the Leatherman comes in. The door will not shut completely if the conveyor is full of grain. Much like a truck tailgate, it will stay open just enough to stop the safety valve from tripping. The Leatherman is just the right size to allow the safety to be bypassed and allow for the conveyor to lower with the door still a little open. Clear the crop and put conveyor back up and remove Leatherman. Start conveyor and open door just a little less this time. (: Choice of picking up grain or leaving it to hunt over. We packed an empty 200lb protein tub. Fit just right and caught all the grain. Dumped it in the bins or to the cattle depending on the crop. Tub doubled as tarp storage.

No repairs in 3 yrs of 6 drivers. Would think at least one of them would have broke something. Just grease and go. Very trouble free. We ran on a MF4840 with open center hyds. and had no problem running the unit outside of a few "mistakes". Here are the ways to screw up. Number One: Someone puts the hyd lever in the wrong position. Don't laugh, it happens. Conveyor running backward. Number 2: To much trust in the detents. You must lock the lever in place. Hopefully the correct place. See Number One. Number 3: Conveyor must be running at rated speed before opening gate. Reminder that if you don't lock remote running conveyor in place the pressure of the door kicking out remote 2 will/can kick out remote 1 as well. See Number 2.

They are great carts. I am just a typical farmer that sees how things can be improved. During the Fall runs we had just as much, if not more, fun from the dual auger cart that ran with it. Sheared pins, broke chains, and wet (read rained on) beans in the bottom caused us more problems than we had out of the 450C. Big bonus: 450C will completely empty. Not one grain left.

As far as what I would change this time. I would put check valve in conveyor line so it could not run in reverse (you are still laughing). Also change door over to its own remote to bypass the safety valve. I could then lower and clear the conveyor without leaving the cab. If someone other than me were to run it I would leave the gate and movement the way it is from the factory. I don't like yellow roads to the trucks. ):

We plugged it about 3 to 4 times a year. All the time it was operator error. Guess who gets to clean up operator errors here. (:

If you need/want a cart that size to put on a 4wd without PTO it is the cart for you. Next guy over still has his. Put on a Versy at first. Now he runs it on an MXM. The MXM has a PTO but he refuses to sell or trade it because it is mechanically trouble free (not counting software interface errors with the bio mechanical organism behind the steering wheel).

Tim

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)