AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze 450c conveyor grain cart
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tim Cooke
Posted 7/27/2006 17:04 (#30357 - in reply to #30353)
Subject: I would buy another one.

........if the price was right.

I ran into someone who wanted ours more than me. I had 2 MF 4000 series at the time and needed it. Now I have two MFWDs to do the work. Our 4wds are on field work (not much), land leveling, or tiling. Sometimes pulling out MFWDs that are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

They are not belt. Flap and chain system like the clean grain on a combine. They will handle grain at steep angles. Unload was not as fast as a dual augar Kinze we ran with it. But it was as fast as some of the single augars I have seen made during the same time. The modern big augars are always going to be faster.

At the end it would only plug up on the next to last load as the rain cloud moved in. We put two marks on the door control. One was for corn. Basically wide open. The next was around 3/4 for beans. If I was on it I could take my Leatherman and trip the conveyor to lower it. This released the plug. Worst part to me was having to move away from the truck to have room to lower the conveyor.

Like most Kinze products they are built heavy. These are old enough to be "over engineered". I guess they could be broke but it would take more than we gave it.

I would like to have one back to haul seed in during the Spring. Quick fill. (:

Tim

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)