AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

puts and calls-feeder cattle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 6/20/2014 11:36 (#3928692 - in reply to #3928435)
Subject: RE: puts and calls-feeder cattle

western iowa,by Denison
I will respectfully disagree-the options give you a chance to hold your money together in case something happens
I don't know how big your pockets are but when you have lots of money on the line-say a young guy with a 100 head of fat cattle or feeders-he can buy two puts for $1500 on those feeders-if the market goes south he still has a chance to be whole
protecting basicly his investment -running naked as you suggest is not a good stragey
Why for the life of me mn feeder are you so worried about the put seller making money-and would you not say the same about the call seller then-If I bought a call and the market went up $10 and my call went up $8 did that make the seller of the call wrong-it just simply reflexs where the market went
There's nothing wrong with buying a outa money put or call-its protection just in case-and its realitively cheap-
buying puts you only offload $11 of profit that covers $1400 or now $1389
If your idea to buy puts is to make money -you have no idea what puts are suppose to do as a feeder
they are a cost-that's all-you hope they never do make a profit-you have the actual cattle to do that
it's cheap insurance-treat it as such-if that options seller makes money so be it-he is takin the risk that I will let him have
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)