AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mold in Basement.....Cost to Remove?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

t-boss
Posted 6/4/2014 10:24 (#3901550 - in reply to #3901279)
Subject: RE: Mold in Basement.....Cost to Remove?

sc ia
We just had this done to a rental house we have. Half of the basement had paneling all throughout it & the drop tile ceiling. We had them remove the ceiling & the paneling plus a bar that was down there. So basically it was down to the studs. They came in & cleaned everything up & put some serum on the mold & did what they call a. FreshStart Service. This cost us about $2500. It was half of the basement. I expected to pay about twice that amount so was pleasantly pleased. They had to travel about 1.5 hours away to do the job & came back a 2nd time when we found some issues they needed to clean up. I just googled mold removal & found this company on a website called Home Advisor. I'm not sure if you have them in your area or not but you can always get a 2nd opinion. I had a company closer to the house that would have come & given me an estimate but they were going to charge me about $200 just for coming to do the estimate. This company didn't charge to drive down there for that plus came back & didn't charge except for the extra cleaning they did. I've been happy so far with the results & so far nothing has come back. This is a cinder block basement & they even caulked in any cracks that might have been causing some of problems with water getting in there. They hauled away all the paneling & insulation that was down there too. Good Luck! mrs t-boss
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)