AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

90 year old moms can really be stubborn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 6/3/2014 04:15 (#3899357 - in reply to #3898536)
Subject: RE: 90 year old moms can really be stubborn

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
Glad to hear your mother is willing to Lifeline. From what I hear it is an excellent program.

My MIL who is younger (82) then your mother as had some health issues the last couple of years. Family has convinced her to sell her old house last year which was far from handicapped accessible to buy a very nice handicap accessible condominium. Was the best thing she ever did, even though I know she misses her old place. No basement steps anymore, all one level, easy access to her one car garage. It was hard for her to give up some of her possessions as she didn't have room for all the "stuff" in her new place. But she is adjusting and I think she knows it was a good move. With her failing health I don't think she could have lived in her old house now, to many steps. We are all thankful she took this big step in her life.

Family has tried for years off and on to get her to wear a Lifeline necklace or bracelet but she just gets MAD at whoever brings it up. I think that until the time comes that SHE thinks it's a good thing to wear, it ain't happening. Even though we are close to 60 miles from her she is lucky to have other family that live close by her that check on her daily.

Funny how life is always changing. Years ago I wouldn't think to much about Lifeline for my MIL. Now we worry about her health and feel its necessary . My next concern will be the way life just seems to fly by faster and faster the older we get that someday it will be my wife or I that our kids will be telling us we need to be wearing one of those,,,,,,,,,,, dang :-(.

Hope your mother never needs to use her Lifeline for many years to come Deb.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)