AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

90 year old moms can really be stubborn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 6/2/2014 16:10 (#3898536)
Subject: 90 year old moms can really be stubborn

But, I finally got her to give in and she agreed to a lifeline. In the last year mom has fallen down 3 times that I know of and even though she seems to get around pretty good, she is getting old and my siblings and I really worry about her living alone. She has very steep basement steps too. We have brought the subject up a few times and the doctor told her she should be using a cane. But she told me, "how can I use a cane, I have too much work to do to carry one of those things around". She would not agree to having a lifeline. She said she is like her sister, her kids got her one, and she put it in a bowl next to her bed, she refused to wear it. So I put it back in moms lap. I said that she could go over a day laying there is she fell because even though I try and call her every day, if she doesn't answer, I would figure she is outside, or gone with someone. I told her it is up to her if that is what she would rather do. I reminded her of her brother in law that fell and laid there for two days as his wife walked around him. She had alzheimers. So she must have thought about it enough, that she is now willing to do it.

So wondering, what do you guys do to help your elderly parents?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)