AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wanted rental land ad.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 6/2/2014 23:40 (#3899294 - in reply to #3898253)
Subject: Its different here....

just a tish NE of central ND
I have a different opinion. Things must be different here. I'm probably going to get my arsh flamed to ashes here saying this. What is it? You guys all hate your kids and you parents and your neighbors kids starting farming with some help??.Family farms here include their kids and slowly work them in to take over or partnership. So what's wrong with that?Some . actually, many , many of those kids really dig in and succeed nd kick up some royal productive dust . Why shouldn't they when they have that chance? What's the difference if dad finds him some land for a few years After he does dad, some times gets run so hard trying to compete with the aggressiveness of his kids he almost wishes he would have not had them farm with them(LOL)Success can be painful in different ways.
What is the difference if the city employed kid get inherited farm money and property or the farm kid gets to farm and help earn his way? Im going out on a limb and say the biggest industry that passes wealth and property is probably agriculture.
Just my opinion, so take it easy on me!In my case I rented my grandpa's land when my uncle gave it up. My dad could have had it but let me get my feet wet.....it was 1980, there was nothing easy about it..... and nothing was free. Interest was 18% and I farmed on shares.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)