AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How does a young guy get started?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

WildBuckwheat
Posted 5/1/2014 15:28 (#3848429 - in reply to #3845668)
Subject: RE: How does a young guy get started?

Middlesex County, Ontario
I understand what you are saying KDD. I know I come across like that and its something I'm always working on. A big part of that is the dutch. Instead of debates we have arguments where no one takes offense. We are abrupt, speak in facts, and criticize. I like to think I have an open mind but the way I communicate is the way I was raised.

I was trying to debate both chris dds's post and CentralILFarmer's post. I both agree and disagree with both their posts. In my opinion chriss dds is right, its very good to get away for a few years before coming back to the family farm. But I also agree with CentralILFarmer's post; there is no sense joining the peace corps for 2 years to become a mechanic. What I was trying to show in my post is that it is important to get away from your FAMILY for a few years. Not necessarily the farming industry, but the FAMILY. In my opinion you need to leave your family for a few years before becoming an employee/business partner. In my opinion; never leaving the family gives people a false sense of themselves and their place in the world.

Edited by WildBuckwheat 5/1/2014 15:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)