AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

end users might start singing a different tune
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

white shadow
Posted 2/4/2014 11:36 (#3661763 - in reply to #3661680)
Subject: RE: markets are getting nervous but.........

East Central South Dakota
I don't think we are to the volitile stage yet. Remember we produce it for a living and the merchandizer sells/buys it for a living. I think the end user proved themselves pretty well last year. Exports take off, dry weather continues, and domestic demand continues I think you are right and they will want to bid it up to gain physical control. Corn goes into the ground good, exports stay at forcasted levels and it rains a little and they will be able to buy corn cheaper this summer than currently. To me it is all about demand currently and corn is a value at these prices. The more we move the higher we can go this summer.

Side note. Been on the road a lot and saw piles of corn in two different locations next to the stacks where they were wintering cows. Brutal cold for a long period has been hard on wildlife and animals. Haven't seen corn fed to cows for a long time. Corn is cheap and cows are worth a lot of money. That is how you chew through supply. Brutal winter has increased corn demand no doubt.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)