AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Inspections
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

white shadow
Posted 1/27/2014 19:10 (#3640668 - in reply to #3640602)
Subject: Re: Inspections

East Central South Dakota
Thanks for the reply sat, that is what i thought. I would say we didn't kill corn demand just channeled it to other originations and types of grains and feed stuffs for one year. I don't think messing with the RFS would have done much to price as you and i both know it is about money flow and corn acres increase regardless of $5 or $7 as both encourage production. Anyhow people, animals and fuel grinders all got fed and made it through the year. Pushed us to surplus this year, but honestly we were headed that direction two years ago anyhow---actually it just gave the grain guys one more year of good prices.

Don't want to look back at last year, future is in front of us. I just have this feeling when boats go to SA for beans, corn sales are going to increase pace. Demand for Soybeans and even wheat has surprised the market ---why not corn sales also? ? Not a lot of countries with exportable supplies of corn and it is at a value price right now.

A bad pertect storm for us would be if something happens in Brazil that prevents beans to getting to US this summer. Propane all over again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)